We have today booked Norfolk for May and France for July.
Regarding the previous wish list:
bikes, toaster, chairs (suitable for eating with the table outside), a small toolkit, a first aid kit, a larger sleeping bag, BBQ tongs, a set of bulbs for the car and the van, mirror, install a new socket for the all-night radio (on my pillow speaker), speakers for the ipods, perhaps a small TV.
- The bikes are probably out for now - 2 Bromptons (even on eBay) amount to a large wad;
- toaster - which are not much use, for once, so probably a cheap and compact supermarket own-brand;
- toolkit - here's a start;
- first aid kit - done;
- sleeping bag - it is remarkable how much larger the Puck's bed is than the VW camper's - still looking;
- tongs, probably these;
- bulbs - definitely needed for France;
- socket - no progress yet;
- speakers - these look good;
- TV - probably not, while we're waiting for the UK to resolve its digital future. Either take the laptop or consider a DVD player.